There are so many practicing engineers who want to do Master of Engineering/ME in distance learning mode. So, The Institution of Engineers, India (IEI) has created an opportunity in collaboration with Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), at Mesra, Ranchi. The institution of engineers (India) has 92 years of journey in field of engineering and is one of the well-known heritage institutions.
For joining this program one has to get membership of appropriate grade (‘A’, ‘AM’, ‘M’ and ‘F’). After getting membership in IEI one can register him/her for this post graduation program.
In this program is in two parts:-
(1) Postgraduate diploma- For Postgraduate Diploma one has to give examination at IEI.
(2) Postgraduate Degree- for Postgraduate Diploma one has to complete at Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi.
So, Masters of Engineering/ME degree will be given by BIT,Ranchi.
Master of engineering/ME in distance learning mode is available in following disciplines:-
- Civil Engineering (Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering / Structural Engineering)
- Electrical Engineering (Control Systems / Power Systems)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (Microwave Engineering / Instrumentation and Control Engineering)
- Mechanical Engineering (Heat Power / Design of Mechanical Equipment)
- Quality Engineering and Management.
The engineers who wants to do masters of engineering/ME in distance learning mode can ask his/her query in comment box although everything is available on IEI’s website